Unless noted prior to the event, National Federation High School Rules will be used with the following notations. Triple Crown reserves the right to enforce particular invitational tournament rules. Franchisees may offer rule variations.
7/8 Machine Pitch Rules
1. Maximum of 7 runs per half inning.
2. No lead offs or steals.
3. Pitchers must start from behind the front leg of the machine.
4. The batter is allowed 5 hittable pitches or 3 swings. If the batter fouls off the 5th pitch he/she is out.
5. Batted balls that hit the machine will be deemed a dead ball and batter and baserunners will be allowed one base.
6. No infield fly rule.
7. Third strike dropped by catcher still results in the batter being out.
8. Two bunts max per half inning.
9. No intentional walks.
10.All outfielders must start in an outfield position, and are not allowed to creep in until the ball crosses the plate.
11. Teams will have 10 defensive players of which 4 are outfielders.
12. Teams may roster bat which allows free substitution.
13. A defensive coach is allowed in the outfield grass.
1. Age Requirement: May 1st will be the designated date to determine ages. Photocopies of birth certificates will be required.
2. Rosters: May not exceed 20 players during the tournament.
3. Protest Fee: $100.00 cash (on rules interpretion only)
4. Game Time: Starting time is forfeit time, unless delay is created by Triple Crown. Game time starts at completion of coin toss.
5. Home team will be determined by coin flip, and will be required to keep the official book.
6. Player minimum: A team must start with a minimum of 9 players but can finish with less, taking outs in the vacant batting order positions.
7. Championship games: No time limit. Run rule is still in effect.
8. Pitching Rules: Innings per tournament U9=6 * U10=6 * U11=6 * U12=6 U13=7 * U14=7 * U15=8 * U16=8 * U18=8 * Scorecards must be signed by both team managers to elimanate inning validation problems. (Managers, help with this process) * One additional inning for every game played after 4 games, per pitcher. - no limit on the number of appearances - one pitch will be considered an inning pitched - eight warm-ups to start, five thereafter - Mounds will be provided.
9. Infield warm-ups - All teams are encouraged to warm-up as much as possible before game time. No pre-game infield.
10. 10 & under, no steel cleats.
11. High School bat weight/length differential rule is waived for 14U age division.
12. Uniforms: numbers recommended.
13. Adverse weather or rain: The Triple crown Baseball Tournament will be played in adverse weather conditions. The format may be changed to lesser time limits or less innings only to complete the tournament. Coaches and players accept these conditions when entering tournament.
14. Tournament director shall have final decision on all tournament questions.
15. Hotels/Motels/Condos: Teams that leave unpaid bills or damages will be removed from the tournament and reported to their respective leagues.
16. Refund policy: Please look to Event Procedures for refund policy.
17. Tie Breaker System: If a game is tied after all inning have been completed, the "California" tie breaker rule will go into effect. Each team puts the batter who is scheduled to bat last in that respective half of the inning on second base and plays out the inning. This happens until the tie is broken and the game is complete.
18. NO SHOW: teams that no-show will forfeit their entry fee and may be subject to suspension from competition in TC events for the following season.
19. All age groups can have an EH (Extra Hitter) if they choose to bat 10 or roster bat to allow free substitutions. If you start with 10, you must finish with 10 or take outs in vacated batting positions. EH must be declared at the start of the game-- an EH (10th) hitter may NOT be added after the starting lineup is submitted.
20. No boom-box or any type of loud music is allowed at this event.
Time Limit/Run Rules
8U 1 hr. 15 min (15 runs after 3, 10 runs after 4, and 8 runs after 5)
9u, 10u, 11u, 12u: 1 hr. 45 min (15 runs after 3, 10 runs after 4, and 8 runs after 5)
13u & 14u: 1 hr. 45 min (15 runs after 3, 10 runs after 4 and 8 runs after 6)
15u, 16u & 18u: 1 hr. 45 min (15 runs after 4, 10 runs after 5, 8 runs after 6)
****All ages have a 20 runs after 2 completed innings**** (Home team gets last bat, if necessary)
11u & 12u: 50'-70'
14u: 57'-85' or 60'6"-90'
15u, 16u, & 18u: 60'6 - 90'
9u, 10u, 11u, & 12u: No time limit, 6 innings, and run rules are still in effect.
13u, 14u: No time limit, 7 innings, and run rules are still in effect.
15u, 16u & 18u: No time limit, 7 innings, and run rules are still in effect.
All ages have a 20 run rule after 2 completed innings!